View Full Version : Questions
06-02-2008, 01:02 AM
Hello and first: Sorry for my bad English.
I have a Wiki (5.443 Sites, 2.143 real Articel, MediaWiki but Version i dont no) an want to chance my provider. But i have questions:
1. Is it possible to bring my wiki with all the sites, articel and data automaticly on our service? To take a look: www.gratis-wiki.com/Saarikuningas (user: guest, pw: guest).
2. My Wiki has the setup that only User how register can read and write. ist this setup possible, when i go to your service?
3. How safe are my data? Can i have a backup every time or must i paid extra for this?
Thanks for your Answers!
Let me answer your questions one by one:
1) Yes, it is possible to have the wiki transferred. All you need to do is post a ticket under the Account Transfer category in the first 7 days of your registration and we will move the files over to your new account with us, free of charge of course.
2) That depends on the wiki configuration but it is possible.
3) The backup service is a paid one and thus if you would like our Support Team to do the backup for you, there will be a small fee (depending on the service requested). You do however have access to all the required tools to do the backup procedure yourself as well.
06-02-2008, 01:20 AM
Thanks, that was a really fast answer!
I think i will take a 2-year-account!
06-03-2008, 05:08 AM
I must wait on my Credit-Card, because i havenīt one and need this for PayPal ...
But in this Time: Where can I see some Wikis hostet here? It would be nice to find some examples ...
06-03-2008, 05:19 AM
As a Siteground customer you can submit your site to the Siteground Customer Websites section > http://www.siteground.com/customers_websites.htm
The Wiki section is here > http://www.siteground.com/customers_websites.htm?software_id=6
Hope this helps
PS. I can definately recommend Siteground for relaible hosting with excellent support
06-11-2008, 08:05 AM
So, i am back again an now i have a credit-card and a 2-year-account oft siteground ;-)
Can you now bring my Wiki (www.gratis-wiki.com/Saarikuningas) to our Servers? How long will this take? And please install the wiki so, that only User how register can read and write.
My Siteground-Account is: www.saarikuningas.info
Since you are already a SiteGround custmoer, you can directly contact our Support Team. To do so and request a website transfer, please login to your Customers Area -> Help Desk -> Free WebSite Transfer section and fill in the form.
06-11-2008, 02:01 PM
Thanks, i have made this now!