Why dedicated server is beneficial for large organizations?
It is beneficial for many reasons, but I will try to outline them here for you:
- You do not share the server with anyone, thus maintaining high performance for your business website.
- You can install any software, which might benefit your company.
- The dedicated server is more secure than the shared hosting environment, as there are no other users, hosted on the same server.
- It is fully manageable and you can dedicate a system administrator to constantly maintain the server for you (although our System Administrators are also performing real time monitoring 24/7)
- You can create as many websites as you need.
There is probably a lot more to be said, but I believe the above-mentioned advantages are very beneficial.
Well quoted yanislav. One can even opt for a fully managed service from a web hosting provider.This would help you get rid of the pain and expense of recruiting staff for managing the server.The web hosting provider would take care of your server management and maintenance,they would also take back-ups,constantly monitor the servers round the clock,upload latest security patches etc. Usually,most of the reputed web hosts would offer such services at minimal additional charges.They have dedicated staff who are experienced and professional in taking care of the server administration.You can get in touch with them at any given time of the day.Your issues and queries are generally addressed almost immediately. Hence it is better to sign up for fully managed web hosting services instead of unmanaged services.
Originally Posted by yanislav
Less then medium to large organizations should not care about $300 or $1000 a month. In a shared hosting environment the other sites might do something stupid and your site is down too. Or they get hacked you are down. They get dug, you are down....
Plus, it's more secure. Think of emails and trade secrets for example
@Yanislav.. thanks for detailed information on the question.
Dedicated Server Hosting
A dedicated web server hosts only one client per server whereas in a shared environment, multiple clients share a single server. Consider dedicated web hosting if you require:
* Greater server access the ability to install and use custom appl.
* Greater security
* Greater bandwith
* Higher levels of technical suppo
You get full control and security in dedicated server hosting. The benefit of managed server in itself is enough reason for big businesses to go for it.
By samu in forum Hosting Related Questions
Last Post: 05-21-2012, 01:29 PM
By hp72i in forum Hosting Related Questions
Last Post: 01-29-2012, 07:04 AM
By jimmythomas in forum Hosting Related Questions
Last Post: 03-30-2011, 01:04 AM
By sam in forum Customers' experience and suggestions
Last Post: 02-23-2006, 07:01 AM
Copyright © 2012 SiteGround.com Inc