Web Hosting

Default How to change logo

hi,

How do i change logo of joomla to my website logo. I need to install my logo in place of joomla logo on main page. How do i move on.. please help me.

The file it points to by default is header_bg.jpg located in the "/www/joomla/templates/sg_joomla/images/" folder. If you have installed a seperate template than the original one you will want to look in the images folder inside of that template instead of the sg_joomla template folder.

You should be able to replace the header_bg.jpg file with whatever picture you want and it should change your banner.

hi,

Thanks for reply.

In my case joomla was installed by SG support team. So how do i change the same. I unable to find the folder and "/www/joomla/templates/sg_joomla/images as u said.

Please help me out.

Regards
    Nihit.

Access your cPanel by typing in yoursite.com/cpanel into your browsers address bar. When it prompts you for your username and password enter in the username and password provided to you in your welcome email. That will open a page that has a bunch of different icons. Look for the one that says "File Manager" After clicking on that you will get a window that opens up that has some folders inside of it. Look for the one that says "www" and click the folder icon just to the left of where it says www. Inside of here you should see a folder that says "templates", click the folder icon to the left of where it says templates. Now you will be inside of the folder that has your sites templates. If you haven't changed the template your site uses the default one will be called "sg_joomla", click the folder icon to the left of sg_joomla. Now you should be in your template folder, find the folder called images and open it just like the rest of the folders.

Inside of here is where you will make the change. Find the file named "header_bg.jpg" and click the left mouse button on it. Your screen should now look something like this:

Notice that in the top right hand corner you will have some actions you can perform on the header_bg.jpg file. Click the option that says "Rename File" and type in "header_bg_old.jpg" (without the quotes) for the new file name. Now that you have renamed the old file you are ready to add your own banner to the site. When making your banner you will want to make sure the size is about the same as the one it originally had (so it's looks nice) I believe the default size of the banner is 760 pixels wide X 115 pixels tall although only about 360 pixels of the left side of the banner is viewable. That's a different topic though

Once you have the picture you want to use for the banner (I'm assuming you do since you are wanting to change the banner) from the File Manager window you have opened click the link that says "Upload Files" as outlined in this picture:

That will take you to a screen with a bunch of boxes that have a Browse... button next to them. Click the top button that says "Browse..." and then browse to where your new banner is located at on your computer. Once you have selected the file click the "Open" button on the window and when it closes you will now see some text entered into the first box. Click the "Upload" button at the bottom of the boxes and wait for your file to upload. Be sure to not close the window at this point or the upload process will be aborted. Once it takes you back to where all of the files are listed at your file will now be uploaded. Look for it's name in the list and click the left mouse botton on it. Notice the text in the top right hand corner again, and click where it says "Rename File". Type in the name header_bg.jpg and then click "Rename"

That should do the trick. Your new banner will now be displayed at the top of your page if you successfully replaced the correct file. I'm sure there is another way to do this through the backend of joomla but I'm new to the software so I'm not sure how to go about doing it that way. Either way if you follow through my instructions it should give you a basic idea on how to use the file manager inside of your cpanel.

I hope this was helpful

Wow, holmancarey, I don't know if travelglobe found your answer helpful, but I'm really impressed with how helpful your answer was! You put a lot of work into that answer. Thanks.

Default Visual Tutorial

When I got started with Joomla, I just learned by trial and error. Six months later I found this great guide in the help section at Joomla.org:

<url>http://help.joomla.org/component/option,com_wrapper/Itemid,253/</url>

It was almost exactly the same path I had taken on my own. Man I wished I had seen this first! Would have saved me considerable time...

Cool

Also remember to save your logo with transparent color. Otherwise they look awkward if your site header contains background color or color effects (gradients etc.).
    Transparency can easily be saved in i.e. IrfanView. Save your logo as a .png picture and click 'save transparent color'. Subsequently you'll be asked to pick the transparency color. When uploaded and placed into your template, the logo looks neat.

open your web site

click on on your logo > properties and look for the folder that your logo is inside

upload your new logo with same name and overwrite the old one

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by trichnosis View Post
    open your web site

click on on your logo > properties and look for the folder that your logo is inside

upload your new logo with same name and overwrite the old one
    I should add:

the same file name
    the same SIZE

For example
    ===========
    The site:
    http://bulgarien.nu/
    The logo:
    http://bulgarien.nu/svenska/template...mages/logo.gif