Web Hosting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wich is the best forum ?

Hello,

I manage actually a website (Rencontre en France).
    i want to put a forum (we have aroud 750.000 members).

But i dont knwo wich is the best forum (secure fast, ...) to use with my website.

Can you help me ?

Thanks

There are many forum softwares: IPB, vB, SMF, MyBB, PHPbb, AEF, etc.
    I currently use AEF as its fast, secure, and looks really nice. I suggest you use Anelectron Forum. In my opinion, AEF beats even the paid softwares, but vBulletin and IPB are mostly used on big forums and PHPbb is used for free most of the time, but it isnt secure.

I have tried vBulletin, IPB, SMF, MyBB, PHPbb, and AEF. And I have to say, AEF was the best out of them all.

Where to get it?
    http://anelectron.com/

Hey there,this is Kenjifujima,glad to join this forum and glad to meet you here,I look forward to getting some inspiration and getting to know all of you. RS Gold WOW Items

I have used IBP, PHPBB, and vBulletin. Out of the three, I like IBP the best there are a ton of features to help admin the forums and a ton of skins out there to customize the looks. However, the development community is money hungry and charge you for plugins.

vBulletin, has an issue with custom skins. There aren't many skins/templates out there for 4.0 version. Although, vBulletin has a ton of admin features to help manage everything. Their development community has a ton of free plugins.

it is depends on your needs
    vbulletin is known for having lots of mods, most famous, known to users
    vanellia is new, fast, but still contain bugs
    phpbb is nice but its styles look old fassioned and not very well known to users

for me i will recommend vbulletin

SMF works good for me, just use whichever add ons you think you need for things to run smoothly.

I will use vBulletin, Safe, quick, friendly and security.

Can you please tell me what is the license fee of vBulletin forum? And @blizz-craft : Can you please explain what are the features that makes AEF better than vB????

I have also had great success with vBulletin. The safe and secure aspect is what attracted me to it.

Talks_44 Guest

I would suggest either vBulletin or IPB. Not only because they're the most known and popular, but they're designed for large numbers of members, have HUGE number of addons and plugins to customize it. Completely customizable with your own coding. More secure as well

Advanced Electron Forums looks like an outdated IP.B softare trying to push its way into the big leagues.

PHPBB forums aren't nearly as professional as a vBulletin forum. If you want your community to have the most powerful forum possible go with vBulletin. Vbulletin.org offers hundreds of free modifications and template edits, if you want a powerful forum go with vB.

Arrow which is the best forum

Quote Originally Posted by visualight View Post
    Hello,

I manage actually a website (Rencontre en France).
    i want to put a forum (we have aroud 750.000 members).

But i dont knwo wich is the best forum (secure fast, ...) to use with my website.

Can you help me ?

Thanks
    there are lot of forum software like PHPBB,IPB,SMF,VB,MYBB but i advised PHPBB and VB . one is free and other is Paid version .

Thanks
    Sarkari Naukri
    Sarkari Naukri

Vbulletin, phpbb, vanellia and SMF are famous forum software. You can use anyone. All are being used. I am using phpbb, it is good.

vBulletin setup is easy... just follow their instructions and you are good to go (it's actually easier to setup than phpBB, which I've setup before).

phpBB does require a few hacks (even the latest version to make it properly spiderable... specifically to get the session IDs out of the URLs for the spiders).
    Thanks
    Sarkari Naukri Forum

Top forums are
    Phpbb - is a high powered, fully scalable, and highly customizable Open Source bulletin board package. phpBB has a user-friendly interface, simple and straightforward administration panel, and helpful FAQ. Based on the powerful PHP server language and your choice of MySQL, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL or Access/ODBC database servers, phpBB is the ideal free community solution for all web sites.

vBulletin - powerful, scalable and fully customizable forums package for your web site. It has been written using the Web's quickest-growing scripting language; PHP, and is complimented with a highly efficient and ultra fast back-end database engine built using MySQL.

IPB (Invision Power Board) - is one of the world's leading providers of community solutions. Some of the world's largest companies have chosen IPS software to power their online communities, as well as countless thousands of small to medium sites.

MyBB - is a powerful, efficient and free forum package developed in PHP and MySQL. MyBB has been designed with the end users in mind, you and your subscribers. Full control over your discussion system is presented right at the tip of your fingers, from multiple styles and themes to the ultimate customisation of your forums using the template system.

SMF (Simple Machines Forum) - is a free, professional grade software package that allows you to set up your own online community within minutes. Its powerful custom made template engine puts you in full control of the lay-out of your message board and with our unique SSI - or Server Side Includes - function you can let your forum and your website interact with each other.
    [url href=http://www.fresherhub.com]Sarkari Naukri
    [/url] Forum

Vbulletin,phpbb,IPB,VBvanellia and SMF are famous forum software.

Quote Originally Posted by adumpaul View Post
    Vbulletin,phpbb,IPB,VBvanellia and SMF are famous forum software.
    Whe are thinking at integrating a forum to petas.gr, a travel portal. Which of these do you suggest?

Default Best forum

Hello, my name is Jorge and currently working on developing a community of companies here in my country, for those who want to know: ( www.yoow.com.br - YoOW! A social network of Brazilian companies) . I'm thinking of integrating this community a forum for site visitors can discuss topics related companies. However, I have difficulty in finding a model forum that I can integrate with the site, where members can vote in vorum business, above all, a model that accepts videos from youtube, publishing photos, ratings and ranking of topics . I have used a model PunBB, but want something more complete and modern. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you!

vietnamdh Guest

Hey
    I did use Vbulletin, the best software for forums.
    Goodluck.

Thumbs up Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vietnamdh View Post
    Hey
    I did use Vbulletin, the best software for forums.
    Goodluck.
    Thank you, I will consider your suggestion! Any doubt I'll be back to post in the forum.