Web Hosting

Default Which frame work is batter??

I want to learn programming and do not know which platform is batter to me?? I have two choices:.net and PHP. Which one is batter??

Hello Pankaj11,

I am afraid that it is hard to say which one of the mentioned web scripting languages is better. Each of them has its pro and cons. Still if you plan to use your custom built site on your account with us, you should go with the PHP since we do not support ASP.net and sites created with this technology cannot be hosted on our shared hosting machines.
    Stanislav
    SiteGround Technical Support Team
    Siteground Web Hosting

Join us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

PHP more easier and more wide.It also depends on the programmer's mindset but still i will say its PHP.

Quote Originally Posted by Pankaj11 View Post
    I want to learn programming and do not know which platform is batter to me?? I have two choices:.net and PHP. Which one is batter??
    Start with PHP as it is easy to learn, fast and run on almost any platform including most UNIXs, Windows(95/98/NT/2000) and Macs. It is open source as well.
    Last edited by Daniel.K; 12-19-2011 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Ad in the signature. Post is legitimate but with an ad. Advertisement removed.

Talks_44 Guest

The answer to which is best, can only be answered by you. You have to determine what you want to actually create and which would be easier to do so. You must also take into consideration if you have the ability to USE such scripts. Not all hosts allow for ASP.net while on the other hand, nearly EVERY host allows PHP.

We like php because it has a very wide and helpful communnity. There are tons of website resources on the Internet that provide helpful tips and tricks during your learning. Also, there are tons of open source platforms that you can play around with and expand on which will help in your learning. Best of luck!

first,these are languages .
    Second both are different apart form each other.
    Third none is easier to learn in case you dont know what programming languages are and what can they do ?
    Fourth php is opn source used to build custom websites ,using database mysql specifically
    Fifth In asp,net ,you can have few options like -C#.net or VB.net

both are the best . but php programming is bit easy ...

Hello,

I would choose .Net.

Best regards!

both are the best

A good PHP framework should improve security, make websites easier to upgrade and should also dramatically reduce the time it takes you to build websites and web applications. But in my opinion Zend Framework is the best PHP Framework.

main big difference is PHP free while .NET is not, having .NET hosting legit license and dev tools takes some expense too, another point .NET is more like industrial solution used mainly in corp applications

What kind of application do you want to make Web based or windows based?Now a day Python and ExtJS highly recommended language do you familiar about these languages?

Php are better for program you can choose php.

I think PHP is better. You can try this.

Default None is easier.

None is easier. PHP is Open Source therefore you have a huge community who are willing to help Newbies (most of the time) and provide answers/guidance. As others have stated, they are programming languages and you have to understand more than just PHP or ASP.net to build a website. Also, consider the cost.
    Read about ASP.net here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asp.net and PHP here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP .

Quote Originally Posted by ToolMan View Post
    None is easier. PHP is Open Source therefore you have a huge community who are willing to help Newbies (most of the time) and provide answers/guidance. As others have stated, they are programming languages and you have to understand more than just PHP or ASP.net to build a website. Also, consider the cost.
    Read about ASP.net here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asp.net and PHP here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP .
    Both are good .But PHP is easy to understand.and there are lot of companies which are working on php.

Default php is a better choice

However I think php is a better choice for newbies and it allows lots of functions to start. I a gree with liyaalena concerning the companies using php.

Maybe you should to try both? Neither PHP nor .net has only advanteges.

It's not true, that PHP is easier. But it's better to make WEB.

I am a senior php programmer, if I could turn the clock back I would choose Java. but if you have to choose from .net and php, I recommend php