Web Hosting

Default My SQL Database error please help!

I was running a successful (drupal) site using Mysql (I'm on Mac OS X) until I suddenly started to get the following error: "PDOException: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in db_table_exists()"

I don't know what this means or how to fix it, but when I visit phpmyadmin I get the following message: "#2013 - Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 61"

Can someone please help, I spent hours developing this site and really need to fix these errors.

Hello,

The error message indicates that your Drupal website (as well as the phpMyAdmin application) cannot connect to the MySQL server. As you probably know the Drupal website uses a database to store most of the information. Please check if the MySQL server is up and running and if it accepts connections. If your website is hosted on one of our servers you should post a new support ticket and we will help you ASAP. If the website is hosted on your own server you should access the server and make sure that the MySQL service is running. If it is a Linux server you can use the following command to restart the MySQL server (the command is valid for most of the popular Linux distributions):

/etc/init.d/mysql restart

In my opinion, it will be best to contact the System Administrator who is responsible for managing your server. He/she should be able to resolve the issue.
    Daniel.K
    SiteGround Technical Support Team
    Siteground Web Hosting

Join us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter