Web Hosting

Default Jhackguard Not Working

I am new to the forum, so forgive me if this has already been answered. My site was hacked about 3 months ago, we paid a company to go in and take care of the cleanup and I started looking for components and plugins that would assist with securing the site. I came across JHackGuard and because of the high review ratings decided to use it, since installing we have been hacked 3 more times and each time I have had to use a web security company to cleanup our site. I mentioned to the company cleaning up our website that I had installed and enabled the jhackguard plugin because most of our hacks have been the base_64 code inserted at the top of our .php files, I also pointed them to the log file that jhackguard says it creates in the logs folder and I have yet to find where this plugin really does anything. I would like some help in getting this going and I would also like some way to check to make sure that this is working. We are a non-profit organization and we have children/teens who access our site from time to time and they are being directed to to some very questionable sites. I'll take whatever help I can get. Thank you.

Hello,

According to your post, your Joomla application was hacked before jHackGuard was installed. Usually, when Joomla sites are hacked, attackers place numerous backdoor scripts in the user's account. Even if your Joomla PHP files were cleaned, if such backdoors have been left by the company you've hired, they would still grant access to your files to the hacker.

jHackGuard monitors and protects the input your website accepts. This means that it will block attacks that try to exploit any fields, or URL addresses on your pages to gain unauthorised access. If hackers use a script, already placed in your account to access your files there is nothing jHackGuard can do to protect you.

I am afraid that I cannot tell exactly how your website was hacked because I don't have access to it. If you are our customer, please send me a PM with your domain and I will investigate this issue in details.

Hi .
    I just want to advice to others , when someone hacked your website , try to contact to your hosting administrator , and tell them to change your username and password and clean up your FTP .
    It's the one way to solve the problem .

I made according to your advice - it didn't help ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hristo.P View Post
    Hello,

According to your post, your Joomla application was hacked before jHackGuard was installed. Usually, when Joomla sites are hacked, attackers place numerous backdoor scripts in the user's account. Even if your Joomla PHP files were cleaned, if such backdoors have been left by the company you've hired, they would still grant access to your files to the hacker.

jHackGuard monitors and protects the input your website accepts. This means that it will block attacks that try to exploit any fields, or URL addresses on your pages to gain unauthorised access. If hackers use a script, already placed in your account to access your files there is nothing jHackGuard can do to protect you.

I am afraid that I cannot tell exactly how your website was hacked because I don't have access to it. If you are our customer, please send me a PM with your domain and I will investigate this issue in details.

Same thing happened to me, turns out my server had been 'rooted', had to contact my server hosting staff to get everything sorted