Web Hosting

Default Wordpress 3.5 Upgrade

Has anyone been having problems with the WP upgrade from 3.4.2 to 3.5 - I'm getting editor issues on a couple of sites?

Hello Sally,

You can check our blog post regarding this issue and the update in general: http://blog.siteground.com/wordpress-3_5/

Please provide me with more information on the themes and extensions you're using and I will do my best to assist you further.

For me it have been woring fine. I havent gone from your versioon to 3.5 though.

I normaly don´t follow the updates. It will only get wierd with plugins and so.

Folks, reporting no issues with me. I was updating from the version 3.4.2 to 3.5.

I am having problems with my media search for my uploaded images which has stopped working and would not return results.
    Any tips/advice would be appreciated. Many thanks

Hi,

I'd suggest you to take a look at our blog post regarding WordPress 3.5. I've highlighted some of the most common issues caused after upgrading: http://blog.siteground.com/wordpress-3_5/

What changes are there in this version WordPress compared to the previous?

The major change is the revamped Media manager which works and looks lot better than the previous one The rest of the changes are bug fixes and other core improvements. In addition there is a new default theme

I did upgrade to 3.5 finally, but only after three tries. The first time I did the WP upgrade, it failed. It turned out that Jetpack needed to be updated before I could upgrade to 3.5, so I had to go back to the previous WP version, update the JetPack version, and then perform the WP update to 3.5. Once I did that, I was able to upgrade no problem. When I notified WordPress support of the issue, they replied saying that they'd had that issue raised once before, and that there is a conflict with the contact form that Jetpack uses and WP 3.5.

I was upgrade from 3.4.2 to 3.5 last week but have that's problem too. I can't any way to fix this issues. So I reinstall old version. Has anyone was fix this issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Dlaredo View Post
    I did upgrade to 3.5 finally, but only after three tries. The first time I did the WP upgrade, it failed. It turned out that Jetpack needed to be updated before I could upgrade to 3.5, so I had to go back to the previous WP version, update the JetPack version, and then perform the WP update to 3.5. Once I did that, I was able to upgrade no problem. When I notified WordPress support of the issue, they replied saying that they'd had that issue raised once before, and that there is a conflict with the contact form that Jetpack uses and WP 3.5.
    Thank you Dlaredo, I was having the same issue with the upgrade from WP 3.5 (I don't often update my blogs...), turns out that once I upgraded JetPack everything began running smoothly!