Web Hosting

Exclamation jHackGuard problem

installed the plugin jHackGuard on site with Joomla 2.5.8. after activating the plugin site can not boot (loaded just a blank page). What's the problem?

Most probably, you have an extension that has unsecured input which has been blocked by jHackGuard. I'd advise you to check out the ErrorLog files in your Joomla root folder and to try disabling all of your extensions one by one until you find out which one is causing the issue. Then, please update this thread and we'll do our best to assist you further.

site running on the local machine with Apache, but hosted in the internet does not work. What server settings can affect the operation?

I am afraid that there are numerous reasons for such issues. Are you getting any error messages and are there any lines in the PHP error log once you try to start the site from your hosting account?

Try and delete the extension manually and then rename the plugin/system/jhackguard.php to something like jhackguard.php.bak. Then you'll get your site bak then try to disable all plugins, then reinenable jhackguard. Then enable other plugins one by one. This will help figure out the faulty extension. Also do check your error logs on cpanel.web hosting

i also could not install the plugin for 2.5 gives me the error
    Error! Could not find a Joomla! XML setup file in the package.

I have just tested the download and managed to install jHackGuard without any issues at all. Please check whether you've downloaded the correct plugin version. I think that you're trying to install the 1.5 version on a 2.5 website and that's what causes the error.