Web Hosting

Question What's a good secure alternative to Joomla

my original site with Siteground was Joomla. both just starting out.
    But Joomla is top-heavy. with huge back-end I have not ever seemed to get control of.
    I need to scrap it, and replace with something easier and more secure. but do have a blog in a subdomain I want to keep. tho it seemed to have had hacking malicious injections from ads, fr google scripts and bots.

I have less than 10 articles to port over fr the Joomla install (which is sadly out-of-date and not working well now) too.

If you want to switch applications, you can try using WordPress. It's definitely a fully-featured CMS and not a blogging platform it used to be. In addition, WordPress handles small websites very good

I will second Horatio's recommendation. Wordpress is great for small websites. Drupal is another alternative but if you are having issues with Joomla than Drupal has an even steeper learning curve.

Angry Alternate to Joomla and WordPress

Quote Originally Posted by Hristo.P View Post
    If you want to switch applications, you can try using WordPress. It's definitely a fully-featured CMS and not a blogging platform it used to be. In addition, WordPress handles small websites very good
    the problem is my WordPress blog on the same domain,(subdomain) has suffered an extreme Pharma hack. I have spent months cleaning ii up, and adding various security plugins, etc. and it is getting more than ever.

I need something that is not so top-heavy and easy to use. meaning not thousands of files I have to go thru one at a time to find the malicious injected codes, etc. that is easy to secure, that doesn't break every time there is an upgrade.

I have found thousands, well, maybe just dozens, or hundreds, of files added in my root, that I didn't put there.

and can find no info on dealing with the info schema of MySQL database either. since my user name seems to have a malicious code added to it, but cannot edit it.

also I found there are 52 websites on the server my site is on, and some of them look very suspicious, so the Pharma hack could be reinfecting from some of those. but the SiteGround support staff now wants huge (for me) fees to clean it up and protect my site.

am gonna try the SuperCache again to see if I can get a more secure server. or at least one that doesn't have so many suspicious websites sharing it.

looks like I gotta do more bad time cleaning up and futile searches for the bad codes.