Web Hosting

Default Hampered template

I am one of the administrators of a Joomla 1.5 website (www.deposthoornbiljart.nl)
    On a localhost I am testing a Joomla2.5 upgrade and trying to find a template that matches our old website (we have a lot of elderly people in our billiardsclub and we don't want to change too much overnight).
    Your WorldWide template (j16-10)is pretty close to our old Aqua template (j15-30).
    Only problem is that the appearance is hampered.
    It shows a repetetive pattern as shown in the enclosed PDF.
    Please advice.
    Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Hi,

This is really strange, I can't reproduce that error. I think that either the CSS is not loading correctly or some similar issue is causing this. Could you give me some more information - what browser you're testing on and if possible an URL of your dev copy?

Same thing happened to me, as I already posted in another thread, on a fresh install of Joomla 2.5.9 and template downloaded from your site. FF 18.0.2. When I swapped the css file from other (older I guess) version of this template found on the internet, it fixed this problem. I would say the problem is in template.css file.

Also the demo link for this template points to City View not to World Wide.

Piet, if you like your old template and if you would still like to use it, you could convert it from 1.5 to 1.6 (2.5). Its a little bit of a work to do, but I managed to do it myself.
    Hristo once mentioned in a post that they (SiteGround) also convert popular templates, but he didn't answered my post yet, so I have no idea if they still do it, maybe they could convert your template and save you the trouble.

Yes, we still do and I hope that we will do more templates really soon

For testing I used both Chrome and Explorer with similar results.
    I have nu URL since I was testing on a local server.
    My mail goal is to update Joomla to a newer version without changing too much about the appearance.
    Same template would be great because people are adapted to that one (i.e. more width would be nice especialy in the centre colum).
    Any prospects on a newer version of the Aqua-template?

Regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Hristo.P View Post
    Hi,

This is really strange, I can't reproduce that error. I think that either the CSS is not loading correctly or some similar issue is causing this. Could you give me some more information - what browser you're testing on and if possible an URL of your dev copy?