Web Hosting

Default JGeoFilter Forbidden access

Hi,
    I've been using this without problem until recently. I use it to direct visitors from the UK to a specific section of my site when they click a particular link.
    It's stopped working though and users now get a "Forbidden access" page with the message 'Flooding'.

I don't see any mention if JGeoFilter on the site anymore, is it still in development?

Quote Originally Posted by the corpo View Post
    Hi,
    I've been using this without problem until recently. I use it to direct visitors from the UK to a specific section of my site when they click a particular link.
    It's stopped working though and users now get a "Forbidden access" page with the message 'Flooding'.

I don't see any mention if JGeoFilter on the site anymore, is it still in development?
    Hello,

My advice is to first download the latest version of the module and reinstall it. You can use the following link to download the file:

http://www.siteground.com/download/e...eoipfilter.htm

The text string "Flooding" is not defined in any of the jGeoIpFilter module files. This means that this particular error message is most probably displayed because the server blocks the requests for some reason. I suppose that your web host installed a new web application firewall and the jGeoIpFilter requests are incorrectly filtered by the security rules. If your site is hosted on one of our server I advise you to post a ticket and we will check the case as soon as possible.

If your site is not hosted on our servers you should contact the support team of your hosting provider and ask for assistance. You can ask them to disable mod_sec if it is enabled. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.
    Daniel.K
    SiteGround Technical Support Team
    Siteground Web Hosting

Join us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel.K View Post
    Hello,

My advice is to first download the latest version of the module and reinstall it. You can use the following link to download the file:

http://www.siteground.com/download/e...eoipfilter.htm

The text string "Flooding" is not defined in any of the jGeoIpFilter module files. This means that this particular error message is most probably displayed because the server blocks the requests for some reason. I suppose that your web host installed a new web application firewall and the jGeoIpFilter requests are incorrectly filtered by the security rules. If your site is hosted on one of our server I advise you to post a ticket and we will check the case as soon as possible.
    Thanks Daniel. I narrowed down the fault to a conflict with sh404sef, got it briefly working again. Thought it best to upgrade to the new version anyway, and now it's not working at all, I'm just presented with a blank screen when the filter is turned on!

In fact, my entire site goes down when I enable the new version. Is it possible to get v1.2? At least if I roll back, I can see if the prob is now in the new version or not.

Apologies for bumping this, but really need help!

It is a quite strange behavior. Probably it is related to some restrictive rules set in your server configuration.

Could you please contact your current web hosting company and provide us with all the relevant error logs. We will revise them and try to find the reason for the problem.

You can send them to forum@siteground.com. Add the URL of the thread in the e-mail subject.

Also, enable the "development" error reporting for Joomla from the admin area -> Global Configuration -> Server -> Error Reporting.

This will most likely help us during the debugging of your issue.

Hi,
    There is nothing in the error logs at all. I think the module isn't even loading. What version of PHP does it need?