Web Hosting

Thread: No Editor

Default No Editor

I have a two-year old site I'm updating. It runs 3.8, I finally got to editing the theme which I got here (wp43). It's a theme with a child. I found someone to help me but I ran into a HUGE problem.

He sent a screenshot showing where to edit the header links. I could not find it and now I know why.

Under Appearances I have Themes, Customize, Menus and Widgets. He also has Editor.

What do I do to get Editor??? Can I download a file from another theme or are they theme-specific? Is it a single file or others to get it to show in the dashboard?

The editor is a standard wordpress feature. not all files are editable through the editor thought.

I found out in another forum. I was told

If you determine that you do have full admin capabilities, but the site was set up by someone else, you might also check your wp-config file for

define('DISALLOW_FILE_EDIT', true);

which is sometimes used as a security measure. Setting it to false will display the editor again. Many of us prefer to use other editors by default anyway.

I edited it to "false" and my editor showed up.

That's one way to do it, another one is through from the settings page for the individual user

Just saw this! What is the other way? I just found another theme with no Editor. Rather than editing a file, your way sounds easier. Please tell me more.

Just hit he edit button next to the user you want to to enable/disable it for and there is a checkbox in the settings page for turning on and off that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hristo.P View Post
    Just hit he edit button next to the user you want to to enable/disable it for and there is a checkbox in the settings page for turning on and off that.
    Thanks. Under User, Edit I found

Visual Editor Disable the visual editor when writing

Never checked on any site. I then went to Settings but looked at each item but saw nothing about Editor.

I'm going to change wp-config as I just found another theme with no Editor.

That could be a wonderful way to accomplish it, one a lot more is actually by means of through the choices website on your individual end user.

I've also experience it, until I know my client website was installed menu hidden plugin that can hide everything in menu editor, because not every client need it, right. So just the developer who know about it. I assume that you can show it with this plugin, just search it in wordpress plugin.