How to upload jpg files
Could someone please explain in plain english how do I upload jpg images/graphics up to my html file directory.
Last edited by moneyaff; 09-05-2005 at 11:14 AM.
Reason: spelling mistake
Simple steps to add images to a web page
Here are some easy steps to take in order to add images to your site:
1. Upload jpg or gif image To Your Web Site - Upload your jpg or gif images to your Web site using the cPanel - File Manager or using some FTP Client (like FileZilla - http://filezilla.sourceforge.net).
2. Find Your jpg or gif image's Address (URL) - Where did you upload the jpg or gif image to? Did you add the jpg or gif image to the main folder on your Web site or to another folder? Or, did you create a new folder on your Web site just for jpg or gif images? Find the address of the jpg or gif image on your Web site so you can link to it.
3. Choose a Location For Your jpg or gif image - Which page on your Web site, and where on the page, do you want the link to your jpg or gif image to be? Decide where you want the link to the jpg or gif image to show on the Web page. Or just create a new file.html.
4. Add The Link to the jpg or gif image - Add the code to the place where you want the link to the jpg or gif image to show up in your HTML code. You can make the text that goes along with the jpg or gif image say anything you want it too.
* You uploaded the jpg or gif image to the main directory in your file manager on your Web site
* The jpg or gif image is called "flowers.jpg" or "flowers.gif"
* The text you want the reader to click on to download the jpg or gif image is "This jpg or gif image is called flowers."
* Your code will look like this:
<img src="http://domain.com/flowers.jpg">This jpg image is called flowers. Or, <img src="http://domain.com/flowers.gif">This gif image is called flowers.
* If you had uploaded the jpg or gif image to a folder called "fun", the code for the link to the jpg or gif image would look like this instead:
<img src="http://domain.com/fun/flowers.jpg">This jpg image is called flowers. Or, <img src="http://domain.com/fun/flowers.gif">This gif image is called flowers.
If you have any questions or comments, I will be awaiting your reply.
SiteGround Support Team
By BringerOD in forum Other Software and Applications
Last Post: 09-29-2008, 08:04 AM
By Skash in forum Hosting Related Questions
Last Post: 04-20-2007, 03:43 AM
By Skaface in forum Customers' experience and suggestions
Last Post: 12-15-2005, 07:40 PM
By moneyaff in forum Hosting Related Questions
Last Post: 09-05-2005, 11:12 AM
Copyright © 2012 SiteGround.com Inc