Web Hosting

Default how to change logo/color??

1) how do you change the logo, SolarFlare??

2) how do you change color?

3) how do u get rid of the littel orange square thing? look under latest news,
    and popular...?

4) one more thing, i would like to install phpbb2, help???

one more thing, i would like to install phpbb2, help???
    Basically the same as installing Mambo.

Just go to Fantastico,
    On the menu for 'scripts' look for 'discussion boards' and Phpbb2 should be listed under it.

I used to use mambo, and did change the logo somehow... But I have since forgotten.

I hope that the infor for phpbb2 was helpful.

hmmm...i have mambo installed by support, i havent' even went to the control panel yet? will support staff install phpbb??? if i go to fantastico and install phpbb from there, where will the phpbb files end up in??? i am thinking if i download the phpbb files and unzip into my hard drive, and then go to mambo and and go to install module...would that work???

Support probably would install phpbb, they will install almost any script for you... All you have to do is ask.

If you go to fantastico, (located in http://yourdomain/cpanel) you can install phpbb anywhere on your site, just it won't be integrated into Mambo. You would need an aditional mod or something like it.

It's been a while since I used Mambo, so someone more Mambo literate probably could be more helpful.

you're right, support will install phpbb and change the logo too if i want. now i am trying to figure out how to change the color of the template and make modifications...help???

oh yea, anyone know any photo gallery software that would work well (integrateble) with mambo?

I would love this info also! thanks in advance!

"change the logo too if i want. now i am trying to figure out how to change the color of the template and make modifications...help???"

1) how do you change the logo, SolarFlare??

2) how do you change color?

3) how do u get rid of the littel orange square thing? look under latest news,
    and popular...?
    To change the logo and customise the template (colour changes etc) you would need to know a bit of XHTML (or just plain HTML) and CSS. There are plenty of XHTML, CSS and Mambo tutorials on the internet.

http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=42100
    http://www.w3schools.com/xhtml/default.asp
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp
    http://www.htmldog.com/guides/htmlbeginner/
    http://www.htmldog.com/guides/cssbeginner/

There are lots more tutorials if you use Google to find them. Imho the best way to learn is by using tutorials. It's not difficult once you get the hang of using XHTML and CSS, and customising Mambo becomes even easier once you learn XHTML and CSS.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by philip
    Support probably would install phpbb, they will install almost any script for you... All you have to do is ask.

If you go to fantastico, (located in http://yourdomain/cpanel) you can install phpbb anywhere on your site, just it won't be integrated into Mambo. You would need an aditional mod or something like it.

It's been a while since I used Mambo, so someone more Mambo literate probably could be more helpful.
    I'm oging to use mambo for my website and also phpBB. Installing them from fantastico is easy. But how do I intergrate phpBB into Mambo?

I hope someone can provide some assistance here.

thaivisitor

Well you could check the forums at Mambo's official website or check this list of resources.

Or ask support if they'll help.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info, I'll check it up.

Just to let everyone know.

Although I'm a TOTAL newbie, I have installed Mambo and integrated phpBB with instructions and guidance from Support. Some parts were done by them whenever I'm "lost".

I think this is very good for newbies like me as instead of asking Support to install (where we will still have no idea of what to do), installing and integrating them ourselves help gives us the knowledge and that's where we can actually start to learn what's going on.

Thanks to SG support. They help me "learn" the ropes.

thaivisitor

Hello, I am also a newbie to Mambo. Could anyone advise me how to get SMF on Mambo intergrated? I have looked at Mambohacks.com but the files didn't seem to work. Please help !!

Default SMF for Joomla/Mambo

Hi,

There is a section in SiteGround Joomla tutorial about integrating SMF and Joomla. Quite the same as SMF to Mambo.

Thumbs up Joomla! How to edit the template.

Keeping it very simple...

Okay, first of all you do not need to know any CSS or HTML!

Templates are made up of IMAGES that are placed in positions by css coding, but you do not need to worry about that.

What you do need is Photoshop!

When you download a template from the net, if you extract the contents you will see a folder called images. These are the images that make up the tempalate.

What you do is open these images in photshop and change them to the colour/style you wish, and replace the original UNDER THE SAME NAME. You then upload them all together by compressing all the extracted folders together and uploading them or and replace the existing file if you have previously uploaded the template to Joomla! on the server.

It is not very hard, you do not need to know CSS or HTML.

Its a bit long to explain the whole process on here. But ask any questions.

If you want a new logo to replace the template default, that is customised to your site, I am happy to do that for you for a donation towards my site.

Just do not worry!