Web Hosting
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I am a professional developer so have used different shopping cart. Best of all i like virtuemart, oscommerce, prestashop, zen cart and magento. Each of these cms is really professional and can be a great solution for starting an online store. Now i think prestashop
    becames very popular, many of my consumers ask me to create shop on the base of this cms.

I'm a web developer. I use Avactis for my sites. It has built-in content management tools, CSS-Editor (for the customers who whant to play with the site design), Facebook integration, it compatible with joomla and wordpress and so on. But the main thing is that it can be built in existing site. Almost any php or html based site. That's why I prefer it. Even if my customer has a website and just wants to add something like "Add to cart" button and organize checkout, no problem. Avactis allows it.

This thread has great information on shopping. A friend of mine told me about this cool
    app that allows you to get instant feedback from your Facebook friends on whether you
    should buy something or not (for themselves or as a gift). Here's the link - I think the
    app is coming out around Black Friday but you can sign up now:

www.leapcommerce.com

You guys use BigCommerce? I am a Charleston wedding photographer but we want to sell prints online.

http://www.charlestonsnapped.com

thanks to all i got some good information regarding templates here that seems to be usefull to me

Talks_44 Guest

The most popular one from my experience has been Magento. As well as Zen cart, OSCommerce, Presta Shop and OpenCart

I use with one of my website Magento Version 1.4.1 but , but now there are Version 1.6.2, can I do without problem to upgrade to the latest version?

I tried all three and could not find an Administration area to log in and customise my store.

Quote Originally Posted by sgforumadmin View Post
    Yep, exactly,

You simply create a notepad file and name it 'php' with '.ini' extension and then upload it in the directory where you have installed the oscommerce, in the admin folder.
    thanks! well i'll have to try to learn how to create a php.ini file
    let's share in the forum: http://diemhenviet.com

I recently stumbled upon Izzonet shopping cart that offers integration with somthing like 20 shopping engines like Ebay, Amazon, Google merchant, Shopping.com. vendors integration and a lot more..I've open a store with them and I for my opinion it's one of the best ecommerce solution I've ever encountered.

Guys, Thx so much for sharing the info. It's very useful!

Post ASP.NET shopping cart

Just thought I'd mention one that we use, we've used pdshop for a few years now with many clients, if you are looking for an asp.net based shopping cart checkout the professional or developer versions of pdshop at http://www.pagedowntech.com we've been using the .net professional version, but just upgraded to the developer edition because you an get the source code for it. had good luck customizing it so far.

Currently, using Magento - We like it but there are a few bugs on the layout, so we are still working on making it better. Its called www.chefessentials.com - please check out the shopping cart in particular, & let me know what you think. I want to make it as user friendly as possible. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

What is the Shopping cart software which is easiest to use and integrate in any platform?

Default Virtuemart

For me Joomla and virtuemart is the best combination for an ecommerce solution.Its a little bit dificult at the bigining but is very powerfull.Right now i have 2 ecommerce sites for customers that run without any problems.Ofcourse im open in other solutions as well

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

χειροποιητα κοσμηματα

Hi, I am using Virtuemart component because there are so many nice plugins to change it like you want to use it. For better checkouts I use One Page Checkout that puts all the checkout steps on one page. It realy helps! See for yourself in the shop on my site. Thanks to Siteground for the excelent hosting services. I am really happy with it.

Regards,
    Paul

Webmaster/Owner
    www.mijnbackuponline.net

Thanks for Shopping cart software review and others in this thread, im using Virtuemart as well, but always cool to get more information

I use Prestashop, is relatively young but very easy to work with. It has a large community of users and many free templates.

We used to develop with Cubecart but the latest versions have been very buggy and getting more expensive, i like Magento but unless you want to pay for development license etc its almost impossible to modify yourself.
    OpenCart is a good, solid cart that is easy to modify.

i recomend opencart seo frendly and easy to use