Web Hosting
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Most popular e-commerce software

Hi everyone!

In this forum thread we welcome you to discuss the most popular e-shop tools, such as osCommerce, Zen cart, Cre loaded, etc.

Here you can find an article about Shopping cart software review

Check osCommerce tutorial and Zen cart tutorial to learn how to install the shopping cart tool, how to set special discounts, how to set SSL certificates and more.

See how to run e-Commerce websites with Mambo (mosCommerce component) or Joomla (Virtuemart component).
    Last edited by Kate; 02-14-2006 at 06:30 AM.
    Mike
    Forum Administrator
    Web Hosting

Default Which is the most popular shopping cart software?

By checking the E-Commerce category at download.com, or http://www.download.com/E-commerce/3...0.html?tag=dir you can notice that the E-Commerce wizard software by www.fortune3.com is the one that has more downloads.
    So it must be a popular one. Isn't it?

Default Hi Guys Following error comes when i try to install osCommerce

Hi Guys Following error comes when i try to install osCommerce

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

How can access these files php.ini or .htaccess files. I mean where are they located and how to make any changes in them.

Please help .....

Thanx and Best regards,
    Amir.

Please, check the osCommerce installation tutorial:

Once you have installed the osCommerce and you access your website, you might see the following error:

Server Requirement Error: register_globals is disabled in your PHP configuration. This can be enabled in your php.ini configuration file or in the .htaccess file in your catalog directory.

You would need to create a php.ini file in the directory where you have installed the oscommerce in the admin folder. The file should contain the following line:

register_globals = on

Please, contact the tech support for more assistance.
    Mike
    Forum Administrator
    Web Hosting

Default thanx

Thanx admin, well i'll have to try to learn how to create a php.ini file

is it in notepad? and then save it with .ini extension just like for ASP? ...well just asking if somebody can help

Yep, exactly,

You simply create a notepad file and name it 'php' with '.ini' extension and then upload it in the directory where you have installed the oscommerce, in the admin folder.
    Mike
    Forum Administrator
    Web Hosting

Default It works

Thanx a lot admin. You Guys rule!!!!!!!!!!!! It's workin like a charm.

www.ITGuysGlobal.com/shop

thanx again admin

Default The Admin Area

Hi Guys,

This may sound a real stupid question but.............. Where in God's Name is the Admin area for OsCommerce and CubeCart and ZenCart SSoftwares . I tried all three and could not find an Administration area to log in and customise my store.

Sorry I'm a Newbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Amir4u View Post
    Hi Guys,

This may sound a real stupid question but.............. Where in God's Name is the Admin area for OsCommerce and CubeCart and ZenCart SSoftwares . I tried all three and could not find an Administration area to log in and customise my store.

Sorry I'm a Newbie.
    The administrative sections of all 3 shopping carts could be accessed by typing:

www.yourdomain.com/admin

In case the shopping cart has been installed in a directory different from the home directory, then you should type the following:

www.yourdomain.com/directory/admin
    SiteGround
    Web Hosting

Default Hi

Thanx Silvia it works fine now.

Anybody know about Joomle E-commerce addon? Is this addon better then osCommerce or zencart?

what about marketlive.com?
    Last edited by Silvia; 11-22-2007 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Niko View Post
    Hello HarcourtMarketing,

Finding the most appropriate e-shop solution is a matter of personal choice in my opinion, and what is mendatory for one is very often obsolete for another.

For more information about our e-commerce solutions, you can refer to the following URL:

https://www.siteground.com/ecommerce-hosting.htm
    Hi Niko
    I have question regard to e-commerce hosting at SG .This package include "merchant account " : what exactly does it mean ? Do I automatically have merchant account with most popular provider such as 2checkout, paypal or I need to go there myself. In that case , what's different b/w E-Commerce hosting and others.
    Regards,
    Khuynh.

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Hi everyone!

In this forum thread we welcome you to discuss the most popular e-shop tools, such as osCommerce, Zen cart, Cre loaded, etc.

Here you can find an article about Shopping cart software review

Check osCommerce tutorial and Zen cart tutorial to learn how to install the shopping cart tool, how to set special discounts, how to set SSL certificates and more.

See how to run e-Commerce websites with Mambo (mosCommerce component) or Joomla (Virtuemart component).

I have been using OsCommerce for a long time. I installed Zen cart a couple times but have not used it to see it's cons/pros over oscommerce...
    I would like to thank for the review site and get some feedback on Open Source commerce software...

Thanks

It's quite hard to tell the popularity exactly. You may try doing so using google queries like "ecommerce software" or "shopping cart software". I'd also check this resource:

http://shopping-cart-review.toptenreviews.com/

Obviously, ZenCart/OSCommerce are popular as free tools.

well i a not aware of this issue but wil try to view it and place my reviews on it soon

Default Famous E-commerce softwares

Hi Guys,

I also know about a famous E-commerce software. Which are shopOne, MemberOne, Autoresponder and AffiliateOne. Please check at http://www.goldbar.net

I would like to use zen-cart as our shopping cart.You can check my website http://www.dafenoilpaintings.com ,but some important matter are few useful softwares of building. So i am looking for more help from forum.

Default Recommended e-commerce software?

Iím looking to create a website that contains not just an online store, but also has separate image galleries (items not for sale, etc.) and other pages. Basically a structure like this where each page has the same styling:

Home (customized - no products - a basic into)
    - Image Gallery
    - Online Store
    - other pages

I've tried reading through tutorials and I can't see where either osCommerce or ZenCart would let me do this - please correct me if I'm wrong. How about Joomla/VirtueMart? Any other suggestions?

Thanks very much in advance!

Lots of good shopping carts. Choose the proper one for your business is the best.