Web Hosting

Default sg 1.0.14 joomla 1.5.1 Wrapper problem

Hello

i am using the template sg 1.0.14 with joomla 1.5.1

but when i use the wrapper function, it show only the half of the page.

http://www.avifaunagroningen.nl/joom...per&Itemid=151

the page is in dutch, but the problem is clear to see.

is this a template problem, or joomla?

further, i like the template very mutch, its a great template.

hope someone can help me.

greatz,

Henk

Quote Originally Posted by hdelange View Post

i am using the template sg 1.0.14 with joomla 1.5.1
    1.0.14 sounds like a version of Joomla rather than a template??? If the template is designed for a 1.0.14 version of Joomla it may not work properly with the 1.5 Joomla.

Regards

Costa

Thumbs up

no i have downloaded the 1.5 template from the siteground site.

now i have installed also, the 1.5 template summer template and there i have the same problem.

in the winter template workts the wrapper good, also the templates medical and nature seems the template works good with the wrapper function.

So i think it is something in the standard template threre are some things wrong in one of the CSS flies.

Name: sg - Joomla 1.5
    Use: Joomla 1.5
    Author: SiteGround
    Price: FREE

The summer template is a simple version of the sg - Joomla 1.5 template i think so therefore its the same problem with the wrapper.

Can one of the makers of this templete perhaps looking at this thing.

Ik would like to use rather this template very much, it's a great design!

Henk

to specify my problem is in the menu section.

when i put am new menu item and i am use the wrapper to load an other webpage in the template it uses the half of the space on the right site of the template.

who has the same problem, i also have try it on an other joomla 1.5 install ansd there it's the same.

who has to same problem, orr is there someone who can test this also.

only link an external url with the wrapper.

thanks,

Henk

Hello hdelange,

We have tested the template on our end and we were not able to recreate the issue you explained about. We would gladly take a look at your website and try to fix the wrapper problem, however we would need access to your website. If you agree to allow us with access to your website, please send me a private message with the administrative username and password to it and we will try to help you.
    SiteGround
    Web Hosting

Hello I am not so easely give away my administrator account.

i have als problems other problems with the template, so i look first fot an other template if you don't mind.

my site is in testcase, so iis not so urgent at the moment, it wil be online with a week of 4 i hope.

Henk

Default Does it look like this?

I'm not using the same exact template, (using the j15-12 "Relax" template) but I think I am experiencing the same problem. Take a look at my attached image.

This image was taken in Firefox and the problem is apparent, the wrapper does not extend 100% to the content area and it's crunched to the right side. In IE6 it looks better but is still not extending to the size of the content area. Currently the wrapper width is set to 100% as it should be. Whenever I enter a static width the wrapper often extends beyond the content area. Even if I low-ball the static width it creates problems because I have modified the template to make it collapsible (by assigning percentage widths to the various containers of the template). With a static width the wrapper content will not shrink with the window or resolution.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I have the exact same issue. I downloaded the 1.5 for joomla.

I really want to use this theme it suits my site. I put my forum in for wrapper and it cuts it in half. I would like to know where I can fix the problem Please.

Here is what it looks like.
    http://pawstastic.net/joomla/index.p...pper&Itemid=55

Hello,

I would advise you to edit the wrapper class in your CSS and to adjust its width. In addition, please make sure that your forum fits within the wrapper size.

Quote Originally Posted by Hristo.P View Post
    Hello,

I would advise you to edit the wrapper class in your CSS and to adjust its width. In addition, please make sure that your forum fits within the wrapper size.
    Which CSS file though. I searched high and low in the template one.

Hello,

The wrapper class should be defined in your template.css file. You should, however, make the page you want to insert in the wrapper fit its proportions.

Hi, I have this same problem and it's becoming a nightmare.
    Every other template displays the wrappers I've set up correctly, but in siteground it only takes up half the page.
    I've got round it using an iframe extension by sticking the iframe in an article instead of using a wrapper and literally typing spaces - - to fill up the screen to force the width to take up 100%.
    However, I want to use plugins which effectively create their own wrappers, and it's only taking up half the space.
    Attached is a screenshot.

Setting a defined pixel width will not work as I want the website to stay fluid for any browser size, and the extension I'm using adjusts the width so I absolutely have to have the width at 100% - which works in all other templates.

There must be some sort of autoshrink feature in the php or css somewhere, but I can't find it. Someone must've solved this!
    Please help!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Angry Solution?

Quote Originally Posted by smileykt View Post
    Hi, I have this same problem and it's becoming a nightmare.
    Every other template displays the wrappers I've set up correctly, but in siteground it only takes up half the page.
    I've got round it using an iframe extension by sticking the iframe in an article instead of using a wrapper and literally typing spaces - - to fill up the screen to force the width to take up 100%.
    However, I want to use plugins which effectively create their own wrappers, and it's only taking up half the space.
    Attached is a screenshot.

Setting a defined pixel width will not work as I want the website to stay fluid for any browser size, and the extension I'm using adjusts the width so I absolutely have to have the width at 100% - which works in all other templates.

There must be some sort of autoshrink feature in the php or css somewhere, but I can't find it. Someone must've solved this!
    Please help!
    This is exactly the problem I am having and I don't see a clear cut solution. I was unable to find a wrapper class in the CSS . The problem does not occur in other templates but this is the one that best suits the needs of the group requesting it. Can someone please be specific as to what the fix is?

Default Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by Silvia View Post
    Hello hdelange,

We have tested the template on our end and we were not able to recreate the issue you explained about. We would gladly take a look at your website and try to fix the wrapper problem, however we would need access to your website. If you agree to allow us with access to your website, please send me a private message with the administrative username and password to it and we will try to help you.
    Look at http://www.lykkevaerelse.no/index.ph...pper&Itemid=10 looks like it doesnt cover the right module. I can give u the admin rights to help me.. its kind of urgent.. thank you