Web Hosting

Question Is anyone running SilverStripe?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has got SilverStripe CMS ( www.silverstripe.com ) running on their siteground account?

I have tried to install it but get mod_rewrite errors which is a bit wierd as my Joomla site is using mod_rewrite just fine.

I have done a little googling and it may just be a problem in the latest release, but if anyone has tried it or is using it I would love to hear your experiences.

Cheers,

David

www.robotification.com

Hi David

Just a thought. Have you tried "rewinding" back to an earlier version of PHP on your server. I dont know much about the Silverstripe software/cms but it may not be compatible with the latest php version.

Regards

Costa

Hello David,

The SilverStripe requirements page at:

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php...r-requirements

does not mention anything specific in terms of environment configuration, so the errors are probably caused by a conflict with other rewrite rules and conditions you may have on your account. To eliminate this as a reason, I would suggest you to create a subdomain and make its document root folder outside of public_html. Then install SilverStripe there. If the same problem persists, you can submit a ticket in the Service Related Problems -> cPanel related problems -> Click here to report if your cPanel is down category of your HelpDesk and provide us with the error messages in it.

Smile Thanks

I will check it out and let you know how it goes.

Unhappy halfway there

I have tried to get it working again. I have looked at the installer and it cannot detect apache as it uses $_SERVER['SERVER_SIGNATURE']. presumably this is disabled for security reasons so i have changed it to 'SERVER_SOFTWARE' and that fixes the webserver type detection.

However the installer still gives the following error:

"mod_rewrite enabled I can't tell whether mod_rewrite is running. You may need to configure a rewriting rule yourself."

I might open a ticket if i can't figure it out, but I'll try my settings from Joomla that I know are working first.

I have tried numerous configurations, but silverstripe just refuses to work (even in my new account that I am trying to setup with nothing else on it). I guess this is silverstripes dark secret as they have totally shunned my forum post on their site regarding the problem!

I can recommend you to open a ticket to our Support Team so we can look if there is anything we can do to help you. Giving you advices at that point will be useless as I don't even have the URL to your website and can't see the problem .. 'in action'.

Thanks Val I'll post a ticket.

Hi djhall,
    Did you solve this problem at the end? I really ned to know, becasuse I am having the same problem. I did send two tickets to the tech support, with reply back and forth... but it's still not solved.

I'd really appreciate if you can give me an update on this.

Thanks,
    liendi

Unhappy Silverstripe Users

Quote Originally Posted by djhall View Post
    Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone has got SilverStripe CMS ( www.silverstripe.com ) running on their siteground account?

I have tried to install it but get mod_rewrite errors which is a bit wierd as my Joomla site is using mod_rewrite just fine.

I have done a little googling and it may just be a problem in the latest release, but if anyone has tried it or is using it I would love to hear your experiences.

Cheers,

David

www.robotification.com
    It's intresting to note that the question was never answered. Is anyone able to successfully install Silverstripe on Siteground? I'm having a heck of a problem getting around the" mod_rewrite doesn't appear to be working." issues.

I would also like to know if this ever was resolved!

To be honest, I performed a few installations of SilverStripe myself for customers of ours, but I cannot recall how exactly I managed to work around the mod_rewrite issue.

If any of you still has problems installing it, please submit a ticket, so we can aid with the instalation and then submit the slution here, so it can be finally publically available.

Default Ticket Submited

Okay i submited a ticket. However I pulled my hair out trying to find a place to submit it. In the end I just used the most direct rout i could find which was reporting that cPanel was down. Couldn't find any other place to submit a ticket that didn't take me through some circular tutorials which had nothing to do with the issue! Perhaps I'm just blind ..... i searched the entire site and forums on how to submit the ticket . . . different then last time I submited one... anyway there you go.

I got a ticket back saying they had enabled AllowOverride for my account but I am still having the same problem. At this point I am too frustrated and I give up - I have some suspicion that there is some faulty coding in the latest releases of silver stripe that inst playing nicely with siteground's server configuration. Too bad becouse silverstripe looked like a good solution to what I was looking fore.