Web Hosting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Joomla 1.5 ADMIN LOGIN not working

I installed Joomla 1.5 yesterday and built a site. Today, the admin login is not working.

Steps I took to resolve this:

I double-checked the email for the correct user name and password, and entered them correctly...

I did the steps in PHPMYADMIN to reset the super admin password, and this did not work either.

Does anyone have any ideas why Joomla 1.5 administrator login would be malfunctioning and how I can resolve this?

This can happen if you have blocked the Super Administrator user or have disabled the login module. Please try loggin in with another user of you have one.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by sava View Post
    This can happen if you have blocked the Super Administrator user or have disabled the login module. Please try loggin in with another user of you have one.
    There is no other users.

How does the login module get disabled? How can we check if this has been the case?
    I did try creating another super administrator from the PhPMyAdmin, but that did not work.

I welcome any suggestions.

There are various permissions you would need to setup in the database for a new user and that's not really the recommended way to add them.

Please try reseting the admin user by following this guide

http://help.joomla.org/component/opt...16/Itemid,268/

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Val View Post
    There are various permissions you would need to setup in the database for a new user and that's not really the recommended way to add them.

Please try reseting the admin user by following this guide

http://help.joomla.org/component/opt...16/Itemid,268/
    In my first post, I initially stated that among the steps to resolve this issue, I already did the steps to reset the password through the PhPmyAdmin panel.

However, I followed the steps in your link anyway, just in case. The same problem... the Joomla! 1.5.2 administrator panel doesn't accept the password, instead the page refreshes. I am back to the administrator panel not allowing me to log in.

Just wondering if this is a problem with sessions, tokens, or cookies and Windows XP or Firefox? Something wrong with Joomla1?

This has become very frustrating and now I am reluctant to use Joomla at all.

Exclamation Joomla! Admin panel issues

This same thing is happening to ALOT of people.

The things we know, is that this is a recent issue... perhaps a Windows Update? Perhaps a Firefox update? Perhaps a hack?

In my opinion this is a major functionality issue if web developers can't get into the program's admin panel. It is my hope to draw attention to this issue so the devs at Joomla! can take a look at it.

If ANYONE here at siteground has any clues that could help, I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you.

To say the least, this was an annoying little bug. I wound up reinstalling Joomla!, updating it to the most recent version from Joomla! and didn't have any more problems.

I have NO idea what caused that malfunction, but that was my solution, rebuilding it from scratch.

Default Admin Issue

I relate to the frustration as I installed 1.5 yesterday and also do not have administrator access. I followed a link in this thread for instructions and it will written in such technical language it might as well have been Greek.

I will probably follow the same path, of re-installing.

Default Solution??

Here is a link to the Joomla Forum where I had this EXACT same problem, and was able to fix without reinstall.

http://forum.joomla.org/viewtopic.ph...30734#p1430734

Default Joomla 1.5.17

found this through google seems to work on the latest joomla using myphpadmin
    This didn't work for me in Joomla 1.5.17 like the person below but I googled and found this youtube video that fixed it
    http://www.freecong.com/how-to/how-t...omla-password/

The link is actually http://www.freecong.com/2011/02/how-...-password.html

Quote Originally Posted by mogadishumilee View Post
    found this through google seems to work on the latest joomla using myphpadmin
    This didn't work for me in Joomla 1.5.17 like the person below but I googled and found this youtube video that fixed it
    http://www.freecong.com/how-to/how-t...omla-password/

Quote Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
    I installed Joomla 1.5 yesterday and built a site. Today, the admin login is not working.

Steps I took to resolve this:

I double-checked the email for the correct user name and password, and entered them correctly...

I did the steps in PHPMYADMIN to reset the super admin password, and this did not work either.

Does anyone have any ideas why Joomla 1.5 administrator login would be malfunctioning and how I can resolve this?
    You may find useful this article:

http://kb.siteground.com/article/I_c...nistrator.html

Hi there,

I tried every single solution for the admin login loop, but still couldn't get it to work. Apparently Joomla logs me in, but after the redirect to index.php it somehow forgets my previous session and creates a new one, sees that the new (current) session is not logged in and prompts me for username/password again. You can confirm that by looking into table jos_session (if your session management is set to "Database") and crosscheck the session_id with your browser cookies. After each login you see your previous session logged in as administrator, however there is no matching cookie in your browser anymore.

Here is an ugly hack that fixes the problem:
    - open administrator/components/com_login/admin.login.php
    - find $mainframe->redirect('index.php'); (around line 69), and replace it with /* $mainframe->redirect('index.php'); */ to comment it out
    - insert the following line above the previous $mainframe->redirect():
    die('<html><head><meta * disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word *="refresh" content="0;URL=http://www.mydomain.com/administrator/"></head><body></body></html>');

(replace with your own domainname)

Save the file and try to login again.
    Hope this helps…

Default This solved my Login reloading after login in with correct info

Try this people....it worked great for me....

In phpmyadmin, go to the table "jos_plugins".
    Then scroll down to "User - Joomla!"
    Click on the Edit icon
    Go to the area where it says "published" and change that from 0 to 1

Then try your login again...

Default What do I need to update in the users table

Hello All,
    After reading pretty much all the forums that discuss this issue, it seems like I just can't resolve this...
    I still get this error when I go to my site(still cannot see the login screen): Infinite loop detected in JError
    Here's what I've done,
    1. I went to MY SQL DB
    2. I went to the users table tk7_users
    3. I tried updating a few values in there but nothing is worked, I do not see permissions... Would permissions be activation? I tried that too, it didn't work.

I tried to follow the instructions of going to the users table which is :

Hello,

The described issue is most probably caused by some of your additionally installed Joomla extensions. I am afraid that the provided information is not sufficient, so that we can assist you. However, if your Joomla website is hosted on our server you can post a new support ticket from your Customer Area -> Get Support -> HelpDesk section, and we will gladly assist you further.

You can also check the following article for more details how to reset your Joomla administrative login details:

http://kb.siteground.com/article/How..._password.html
    Daniel.K
    SiteGround Technical Support Team
    Siteground Web Hosting

Join us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter

Default PHP output_buffering fix

Most likely your configuration.php is trashed. Check your apache error.log file. If you find this PHP warning (PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent...) then try this:

http://docs.joomla.org/Cannot_modify...s_already_sent

Once you've turned output_buffering = On then hopefully you can login. Once you're in as admin go to joomla global settings and change anything to rewrite the configuration.php file. That should fix it and you can go back and turn output_buffering = Off.

Hope this works... I went through hell and high water to figure this out.

Just thought I would add my two pence worth to this. I just had the same issue and fixed it.

I am running Joomla 1.5.2x(whatever the latest is)

Anyway, I had the same issue, where you log in with the correct Username and Password, yet a screen refresh occurred.

"Aggghhhh!!!" I said followed by multiple expletives that can not be mentioned here.

Then I dug about, I made another joomla install on a different DB to see if there were any changes in the users and plugins tables.

So anyway the ***_plugins table was missing 'User' so I added that.
    Still not working, then I thought I would check the files in the Plugins.

BINGO!!!

The "Plugins / Users" folder from the root of your site may be either missing or missing files, I was missing the joomla.php and joomla.xml.

So I copied these across and now I have full access to admin control panel.

Quote Originally Posted by symondavis View Post
    Just thought I would add my two pence worth to this. I just had the same issue and fixed it.

I am running Joomla 1.5.2x(whatever the latest is)

Anyway, I had the same issue, where you log in with the correct Username and Password, yet a screen refresh occurred.

"Aggghhhh!!!" I said followed by multiple expletives that can not be mentioned here.

Then I dug about, I made another joomla install on a different DB to see if there were any changes in the users and plugins tables.

So anyway the ***_plugins table was missing 'User' so I added that.
    Still not working, then I thought I would check the files in the Plugins.

BINGO!!!

The "Plugins / Users" folder from the root of your site may be either missing or missing files, I was missing the joomla.php and joomla.xml.

So I copied these across and now I have full access to admin control panel.
    So glad someone else pointed this out, I've been troubleshooting this issue for a week or so and finally found out that my joomla.XML file was missing!
    I'd urge anyone else who is experiencing the same issue to check the Plugins directory of their site to see if there are any missing files - and failing that, just reupload the plugins directory!

(I too am using the latest Joomla btw)

Quote Originally Posted by markav View Post
    Most likely your configuration.php is trashed. Check your apache error.log file. If you find this PHP warning (PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent...) then try this:

http://docs.joomla.org/Cannot_modify...s_already_sent

Once you've turned output_buffering = On then hopefully you can login. Once you're in as admin go to joomla global settings and change anything to rewrite the configuration.php file. That should fix it and you can go back and turn output_buffering = Off.

Hope this works... I went through hell and high water to figure this out.

I had this problem, I applied and was solved, thanks