Web Hosting

Default phpBB and vBulletin Tutorials

With SiteGround phpBB Tutorial you will easily learn how to install and run your phpBB forum. You will also find intructions how to change your phpBB themes and where to search for the right phpBB host.

SiteGround vBulletin Tutorial will show you how to use vBulletin discussion board, how to install vBulletin, how to change vBulletin styles and templates, how to add avatars and smilies in your Forum. Learn how to install vBulletin mods: RSS feed, Banners.

With SiteGround SMF Tutorial you will easily learn how to install Simple Machines forum on your website and how to integrate it with other popular Open Source applications, like Joomla CMS and Coppermine PG. You will also see how to install packages in SMF and how to change SMF themes.

Learn how to install IPB with Invision Power Board tutorial, how to change IPB skins; find instructions on adding IPB modules and emoticons.

Find more tutorials at SiteGround Software Tutorials
    Last edited by sgforumadmin; 02-05-2007 at 09:02 AM.

Default Bulletin

Is it necessary to go to the add-on cost programming in order to run a message board or bulletin board on our site?

I'm not sure what you mean by "add-on cost programming". However, if you would like to have a phpBB forum on your website you simply have to login to Fantastico (auto-installer feature of your cPanel) and install it from there. vBulletin is a paid software and you should first purchase its licence. Once this is done, you may contact our Tech Team and ask them to install the forum application for you.
    SiteGround
    Web Hosting

Hello,

I believe that in order to battle this problem you should tighten the security level of your forum. You can enable the approval for new users from administrator. In addition, you can install a different captcha script. I believe it would be the best to check on the available modules for vBulletin in order to find the one that will best serve your needs.
    Last edited by Hristo.P; 05-12-2009 at 09:31 AM.

thank you for the informative post and keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by YasminTiara View Post
    Cheap Reliable Web HostingThanx for the info

Im new to this site and want to thank all of you for your posts and keeping us all informed.

Thanks so much for the tutorials! I am a complete newbie to this but with the tutorial I managed to get SMF installed!

are these tutorials updated for vBulletin 4.0?

Hello Joeychgo,

The tutorials have been created for version 3 of vBulletin, however most of the instructions apply to the latest version of the application as well.
    Best Regards,
    Nikolay A.
    SiteGround Senior Support Team

Join us on Facebook
    Follow us on Twitter
    Web Hosting Suitable for You!

thanks a lot. I really want to learn how to create forum using vb long long ago. I hope the tutorial is easy to follow

Great thread,great tutorials.