Web Hosting

Default How to get FormMail.cgi code

Your page says there should be a http://mybabydoc.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi that would send a mail of the contents posted through a webpage on my site hosted above.

When I had started working on my site, I was not knowing the site specific tools available, so I had deleted the cgi-sys and installed a mail pl script that I got from elsewhere on the net.

So, it seems I have lost the original FormMail.cgi file. The one I got from elsewhere is not working.

How do I get a new FormMail.cgi file that would have all the site specific details set for various fields for my site/account?
    --

I have read your manuals and created a template that I have loaded at:
    http://mybabydoc.com/cgi-bin/emailtemplate.txt

I can see it in ftp. However, when I access the above through browser, I get:
    --
    Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mybabydoc.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    --

What is this problem?

There is no /cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi currently at my site, but when I fill my ContactUs.html (that POSTs to the above) form and hit submit, I am getting
    --
    FormMail-Clone Version: 2.4
    This is FormMail-clone, a clone of FormMail.cgi. It is a clean room version for legal purposes (a less restrictive liscense), but should behave the exact same way as Matt Wright's Original, but contain none of his code.
    --

Where is that coming from when I should actually be getting a 404, not found?

Thanks.

Default scripts uploaded to cgi-bin are throwing 500

I have uploaded other scripts in my site's cgi-bin folder.

Errors first gave execution problem so I corrected accesses.

Still when I try to access them, I get 500 Internal Server Error.

Now errors are showing:
    - Premature end of script headers:
    - attempt to invoke directory as script:

What could be wrong?

This may be caused by incorrect permissions or an issue with the script itself. I will advise you to post a ticket under the cpanel relatd problems category of your HelpDesk, so we can investigate the problem properly.

Thanks.

I have posted the ticket there at:
    https://www.siteground.com/support/main.php?id=338917

I am mighty disappointed with this site's support system. 2 days have passed and I have inched anyway further.

When I post on this forum, instead of replying me here, you ask me to lodge a ticket at the support section of my site.

When I lodged the ticket a ticket there, I got these replies.

--start
    Replies: 2008-09-16 02:57am by system - Note that this is a system auto reply.

Dear Sir/Madame,

Your ticket has been submitted successfully.

Please note that all issues in this category are handled by our cPanel Spe* disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word ** disabled word *t. Please allow one business day for your ticket to be serviced.

We highly recommend that you also visit our cPanel Knowledge Base, where you will find the answers of most of the questions already asked in this category by our customers:

http://kb.siteground.com/category/cP...ed_issues.html

Best regards,

SiteGround Support Team
    www.SiteGround.com
    2008-09-16 03:19am by Stanislav.I - Hello,

Thank you for contacting SiteGround HelpDesk.

I revised your case and it seems that the link to FormMail.cgi that you provided is working smoothly.

http://mybabydoc.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi

~ # time lynx --dump http://mybabydoc.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi
    This is FormMail-clone, a clone of FormMail.cgi. It is a clean room
    version for legal purposes (a less restrictive liscense), but should
    behave the exact same way as Matt Wright's Original, but contain none
    of his code.

real 0m0.615s
    user 0m0.012s
    sys 0m0.004s

Please note that the FormMail.cgi is just an Apache alias and cannot be deleted by you.

For further assistance on your ContactUs.html issue, you might consider using our Exclusive developers service by following this link bellow :

Advanced Support Link

If you need further help, do not hesitate to contact us again.

Best Regards,

Stanislav.I
    Support Team
    SiteGround.com
    --end

You don't even send me a notification at the email id given there that a reply (two) have been posted? Why can't you? Why don't you?

And you close the ticket.

And my problem remains.

When I am having the problem, what rights are you having to close the ticket without talking to me, without hearing from me, without me verifying to you that the problem is solved.

And you exploit me for my problems and try to sell me your site's developers which I can sense must be coming at steep charges. In a monopolistic situation, you are twisting the arms of your captive customers to make them cough more money when they have problems with your preinstalled gadgets not working.

I am feeling sad about you.
    --

The status is this:

1. My http://mybabydoc.com/ContactUs.html page does not send an email to the email id (that is the id of my host site only).

2. The page doesn't even give an error, neither on the error-logs, neither on the browser, nowhere, but it doesn't send mail.

3. It just shows the message:
    --
    This is FormMail-clone, a clone of FormMail.cgi. It is a clean room version for legal purposes (a less restrictive liscense), but should behave the exact same way as Matt Wright's Original, but contain none of his code.
    --

I and my visitors would be least interested in seeing this message. It it sends email, we want to redirect to a thanks page, if it doesn't send mail, we want to know the reason why it doesn't.

4. I installed a temporary file: http://mybabydoc.com/FormMailContactUs.html
    that is to send just a single line message, but it is not sending the email, and not even showing any error at all. it is not even showing the above FormMail-Clone version message, it is rather showing "Form Submission Results" implying that it has sent the message but I am not receiving any message.

When I put an external FormMail.cgi even then it doesn't work and all the above behavior remain as if you are ignoring my file and running your apache server FormMail.cgi file.

5. I need to get the FormMail.cgi source code that your apache server is running for my site so that I can customize that for my specific requirements of cc, bcc, reply, confirmation mail, etc. I need to run that from my site itself. Please send me that code.
    --

A working FormMail.cgi is part and parcel of the package for which I have paid and you have taken the payment. It is sad that it is not working and you are not even attempting to solve my problem, you are not even sharing correct and complete info with me, your server is not even telling me what error is there and whether any error is there.

I am sad.

Please ask your CEO or President of the company to reply to my this mail please.

Thanks.
    --
    V S Rawat

Your script didn't work.

I have solved the problem by using tms formmail.pl script.

Please close the thread.

Thanks.

I'm having a similar problem with Matt's FormMail script. I keep getting the 500 even though I setup the permissions correctly. Is there anyway I can obtain the script too?

Thanks!

Hello,

For more information on that matter, please refer to the article below:

http://kb.siteground.com/article/How..._FormMail.html

This problem could be sole by using FormMail.pl script i also tackle this problem using it

Formmail.pl script is only script that solve your problem. I have no more idea but my friend had same problem and he had solved it by using Formmail.pl scipt.

Too much of a complex problem for me I'm afraid. Have you tried posting a support ticket? The support ticket system in Siteground is very useful, there's nothing these guys can't tackle. Give it a go. If for whatever reason you can't or they can't help you, pm me or post back here and I'll try see if I can't help you

You will need to download the NMS FormMail script. Make sure to download the "compat" version.

1) Un-compress the downloaded file and upload the FormMail.pl script to your cgi-bin (you will only need to upload the FormMail.pl file, all other files are documentation).

2) The next step is to modify the FormMail.pl that is inside your cgi-bin. There are only two lines that you will need to modify. The first is the @referrers line. Replace everything inside of the parentheses with your domain, once without the www and then a single space and again with the www. You will need to do this for each domain that you will be sending from. Remember, only one space between each url.

3) Next you will want to modify the next line down, the @allow_mail_to line. This is where you input any email addresses that the forms will send to. Again, only one space between multiple email addresses. Also, make sure you remove localhost from both the @referrers and the @allow_mail_to lines.

4) Now you can save the FormMail and proceed to modifying your forms.

5) First, point the action of the FORM tag to the FormMail.pl script inside the cgi-bin.

CODE: SELECT ALL
    <form action="http://www.yourdomain.com/cgi-bin/FormMail.pl" method="post">

6) Next, inside of each of your forms you will need to include a few hidden input tags.
    7) One last thing that must be performed in order for the FormMail to work is that you must set the permissions on the FormMail.pl to 755. This can be done either inside our control panel from the file manager or from an FTP client like SmartFTP or WS_FTP.